Pregnancy needs a lot of preparation. Women have to prepare mentally, physically, and emotionally. It is a decision that has to be agreed upon by the couple or by the family. Pregnancy is a stage where a lot can happen to a woman’s body and health. That is the reason why one has to be careful with what she eats, the environment and her medicines. Some prescribed medicines contain harmful effects to the developing baby in the uterus.
- Achieve optimum health when planning on getting pregnant.
- Poorly nourished women may be more sensitive to harmful environmental exposure.Folic acid is essential to the diet. Check if your vitamins contain folic acid, it helps and protects the fetus during pregnancy. Once your body and health are prepared then you can guarantee a healthy and safe delivery. Beans, asparagus, peas, spinach, citrus fruits, and fortified cereals are good sources of folic acid.
- It is recommended by obstetricians that all women of child-bearing age take folic acid supplements.The supplement has to contain at least 400mg of folic acid. Supplements have to be taken before and after pregnancy.
- Keep yourself hydrated.Tap water is generally safe. But if your home has lead pipes, there is a possibility that lead can contaminate the tap water at home. Lead can lead to sterility or miscarriage. To be safe, install water filters which can remove lead and pollutants.
- Research about pre-pregnancy diet.Fish is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, low in fat and high in protein. These nutrients are good to prepare your body for pregnancy and it will also benefit the baby’s brain. It will also help in reducing the risk for pre-term labor. Be picky about your fish, know where you are buying it from and know their supplier, some fishes are loaded with mercury which can harm the fetus’ nervous system.
- Beware of pesticides.Pesticides are not just on farms or plantations. It can be in the fruit and vegetables that you are eating. Fruit-bearing trees are sprayed with pesticides on farms. Choose homegrown fruits if possible. If needing to purchase supplies, buy it from trusted sources. Wash fruits and vegetables thoroughly before eating and cooking them. Pesticides contain residues that are harmful to the reproductive system.
Many preparations are to be done when planning to have a baby. You cannot just compromise your health and the baby by not preparing physically. With the busyness of our schedule, we eat whatever is offered to us, not even knowing what it contains. People nowadays consume fast foods and instant foods, they contain little to no nutrients at all. People rely so much on their vitamins and minerals for supplements. Are these enough?
We should learn to check the quality of the medications and supplements that we are taking. Medcal Pharmacy is a Fertility Pharmacy in New York. We understand that medical treatment has to be followed and because of that, we also offer free home deliveries for your convenience. Medcal Pharmacy is your Fertility Pharmacy in New Jersey, we also offer Transfer Rx to assure quality medications all the time.
Any other suggestions on how to prepare for pregnancy and giving birth? Leave them in the comments section!Leave a reply