During the ancient times, women that are considered barren are scorn by their husbands and the society in general. For the same reason, some traditions even persecute these women for their infertility. The same treatment has not changed much up to now. Though society has rid of the barbaric ways, the social stigma remains.
Infertility among women is led by many causes. To press more depth into this matter, please run through the following:
- Hormonal Imbalance.In the woman’s body, there exist two hormones named progesterone and estrogen. The former is known to aid pregnancy while the latter contributes the opposite effect. For women suffering from hormonal imbalance, high level of estrogen may be present even during the ovulation period, thus, interrupting the possible progress of pregnancy.
- Drug abuse.A woman’s ability to bear a child might be artificially altered too. Modern studies report that hard drugs like cocaine and heroin disrupt ovulation and ovarian functions. Should pregnancy prosper, there is a high risk that miscarriage will occur or that the unborn child will suffer birth defects.
- Chronic stress.A woman’s mental health is a critical factor that plays on her ability to bear a child. Studies have presented that women exposed to repetitive stress under excessive degree may suffer from fertility problems. The reason is that stress interferes with the controller of hormones, the hypothalamus. Since disturbed, irregular menstrual cycles occur.
- Malnutrition.Being overweight and underweight hampers healthy pregnancy too. Having the so-called excess baggage affects a women’s capability to be pregnant. It is one of the known leading causes of hormonal imbalance. It is as well closely associated with Poly-Cystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS). On the other hand, being underweight reduces the quality of egg produced during ovulation.
- Old age.Unlike men, women encounter fertility issues as more years are added to their age. Age is determinant to the quality of egg that a female human being may produce. Also, aging deteriorates the ability of a woman’s body to properly and healthily facilitate pregnancy.
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease.This is a bacterial infection that may lead to swelling of several areas including the cervix, ovaries, and fallopian tube. Once the fallopian tube gets inflamed, it restricts access for the egg to travel to the uterus.
- Pituitary tumor.This is a health condition where a healthy pituitary cell turns into a tumor (or what is commonly known as an adenoma). This is not a form of cancer, it is a benign tumor. However, this triggers loss of menstrual cycle among women and consequently, infertility issues too.
Thanks to the birth of modern technology, some form of infertility among women can be addressed already. If you are one of them, better consult a gynaecologist right way!
Known to be a place for Cheap Fertility Drug Prices, Medcal Pharmacy has helped countless women build the family they had always dreamed for! Your approachable and complete Fertility Pharmacy in New York can be contacted by calling 718-331-2200.Leave a reply